Please read this document carefully before using haarkon.co.uk.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. By visiting www.haarkon.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
2. Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
The information you give us. When you sign up to e-mailing list or place an order, you give us personal information. You can do this via our website www.haarkon.co.uk, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you get in touch with our customer service team, for example to query an order.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address phone number, and information you provide for us to fulfil your order.
Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We work with third parties (including sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, and advertising networks) and may receive information about you from them.
3. Lawful basis for Processing
We only process your data when we have a lawful reason for doing so. The lawful reason we use to process your personal data may differ for each processing activity.
• The personal information that we collect so that we can provide you with the services, products or information you have requested, is processed under Legitimate Interest. This means that it is in the interests of both the data subject (yourself) and Haarkon to process the data, i.e. so that we can fulfil your order or get in touch.
• All direct marketing communications will require your consent.
4. How long we keep your data for
We keep your personal information secure, and will only retain it for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it.
The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser) or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
• to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you;
• to collect information about how you use our site;
a. Google Analytics
We may use the following Google Analytics features:
• Remarketing with Google Analytics
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• DoubleClick Platform integrations
• Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
You may opt-out of the Google Analytics features we use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or via the browser extension provided by Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs.
6. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us;
• to send you our regular newsletter, other news, surveys and other important things from Haarkon if you opt to receive this;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
•to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• in working with analytics and search engine providers to improve our site;
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
7. Disclosure of your information
We will not share your personal information with any third parties.
If you sign up to our newsletter, we may use this information for the purposes of:
• Sending you our newsletter;
• Sending you offers and updates on new products and services.
Other websites: Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. International Transfers
From time to time and for operational reasons data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
We use Squarespace, a web development company that is headquartered in the USA.
Mailchimp provides our bulk email systems a company that is headquartered in the USA.
We use Stripe, Paypal and Apple Pay to process payments.