Inside Our Luxury Treehouse
Canopy & Stars got in touch with us recently to offer us (a very welcome) break. They asked us to choose from the huge number of yurts, treehouses and shepherd's huts on their website and as long as it was here in the UK we were free to escape for a night or two. We'd found The Black Shed on the Canopy & Stars website a few years ago and as much as we loved it there we thought it would be a good opportunity to try somewhere new so opted to head in the opposite direction to sleep in The Woodsman's Treehouse in the Dorset woods.
Since we got back we have been wandering around our now-boring-house saying "do you remember when we had a hot tub on the roof?" to one another and living a very normal existence by showering indoors instead of out with the birds, the green leaves and the tingling raindrops.
The Woodsman's Treehouse is on the Crafty Camping site amongst a whole family of yurts, tipi's, bell tents and one lone shepherd's hut.
In the pictures:
- the biggest bath we've ever seen - and a copper one at that
- a view of the trees from the light-well above the bed
- the wood-fired pizza oven
- an outdoor shower (hot!)
- rooftop hot tub (which we think is best enjoyed in the rain)
- private sauna
- a slide to 'dismount' from the treehouse, because stairs are overrated
- Old Harry rocks
- Durdle Door